Dial-A-Ride is operated by the Department of Public Work’s Transit Division.
Our office is located at the DPW compound in Tafuna on the first floor.
Dial-A-Ride is operated by the Department of Public Work’s Transit Division. Our office is located at the DPW compound in Tafuna on the first floor. Our number is x000-0000x.
According to the law you may be eligible for ADA paratransit if any of the following applies:
- Your disability prevents you from boarding, riding, or getting off an Aiga bus or taxi without the help of someone else some or all of the time.
- Your disability prevents you from getting to or from an Aiga bus or taxi some or all of the time.
- You have age-related issues as a senior citizen and require additional assistance and/or accommodations for mobility, resources, or some other reason.
The eligibility process varies by many deciding factors, so you should call the Dial-a-Ride office for more information. In general, the process includes the following steps:
- Provide valid identification. You must visit the Dial-a-Ride office and present valid identification.
- Complete an application. You can visit our office in Tafuna to pick up an application form or download the form here on this page.
- Provide required information. Your Dial-a-Ride staff may contact you and ask you to send additional information, contact a health professional to get more information, or invite you for an in-person evaluation.
- An evaluation could involve a discussion with a trained professional about why you cannot use public transportation, or you might be asked to do a few required actions when using an Aiga bus or taxi. Complimentary rides are available to and from your in-person certification interview. If you are unable to come to the office due to a disability you can contact the office and schedule someone to come out and meet with you.
If approved, a roadside evaluation occurs to determine the feasibility of vehicle access to your home or property. During this evaluation, formalities and procedures are also defined for coordinating efficient curb-side pickup and delivery between the rider and our drivers, including wheelchair access and special assistance.
You will be issued a Dial-a-Ride photo ID card. You will be required to present this card at the time of pick up. No exceptions to this rule are allowed.
Please call x000-0000x to schedule your appointment.
Download Dial-a-Ride ApplicationDownload Application