Hours, Scheduling, Coverage Area, Bus Fare
Van and Bus Service provided
Monday - Friday3:30 AM – 9:00 PM
Saturday3:30 AM – 9:00 PM
Dial-a-Ride does not operate on the following Holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- President’s Day
- Flag Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Manu’a Flag Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Special flight night accommodations
Airport pickups are available past 9 PM for wheelchair users.
How to schedule a ride
Call 24 hours before your ride, between 7:30 am and 2:00 pm, Monday through Saturday. The more notice you provide the better your chances of getting the pick up time you desire. If you have regular, weekly or monthly appointments give us a call now to reserve your ride.
Where can I ride to?
Whether you need transportation for work, shopping, medical appointments or just visiting your aiga, Dial-a-Ride membership services can assist with all your non-emergency transportation needs, Monday through Saturday, including:
- Medical appointments (non-emergency)
- Dialysis treatment
- TAOA Center, Senior Center Programs
- Grocery shopping
- Financial Institutions, e.g. ANZ, TBAS, BOH
- Church functions
- Visiting friends and aiga
- … and more.
Bus Fare and Options
• Fare cost: The Dial-a-Ride fare is $1.00 for each one-way trip. The exact fare or a pre-paid ticket is required when boarding. Drivers do not make change.
• Pre-paid option: Pre-paid tickets may be purchased if you prefer. Pre-paid tickets can be purchased by visiting our Dial-a-Ride office in the Transit Division office at the Public Works compound in Tafuna.
• Personal Care Attendant (PCA): Eligible riders may travel with a Personal Care Attendant (PCA) or guest. The primary PCA rides free. Additional PCAs or guests must pay the same fare as the Dial-a-Ride member. Dial-a-Ride does not provide Personal Care Attendants. Be sure to notify the reservationist if a PCA(s) will ride with you and if support equipment will be used.